Director of DTC Growth Marketing APPLY NOW
As Equelle’s Director of DTC Growth Marketing you will lead acquisition and customer lifecycle, including retention and customer success. You’ll continue to develop and scale our direct-to-consumer (DTC) channel by acquiring new customers and scale our retention/loyalty efforts on our high-growth DTC eCommerce business. You will translate business goals into effective strategies that create more “sticky” moments with consumers, up-level the brand expression to create deeper brand affinity, and generate continued improvement to customer acquisition, engagement, and LTV.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Lead and develop high performance customer acquisition, retention, and customer success teams, helping people lean into their potential and unlocking team capabilities
- Scaling and building multi-channel customer acquisition marketing strategy across traditional and digital media channels, coaching acquisition team and key partners to hit efficiency and growth goals.
- Own and evolve our direct-to-consumer playbooks on acquisition, attribution, martech, retention, and consumer insights; necessary for driving profitable growth.
- Confident in developing and managing against forecasts and analyzing customer and channel performance data
- Oversight to all media and advertising partners across digital, offline, and more. Identify new growth advertising strategies and marketing channels and design tests and
- Be a champion for the consumer and customer journey, keeping customers on the “hope curve” and nurturing customers throughout their journey
- Oversee customer lifecycle marketing including brand strategy, consumer insights, customer communications (email/SMS), retention strategy, and positioning experiments to validate options.
- Be a champion for the consumer purchasing journey. Understand what key messages a consumer needs to hear in order to drive awareness, consideration and conversion. Translate these “always on” messages to creative briefs and marketing strategies to enhance how Equelle shows up in the market and lead consumers to take action.
- Drive website testing strategies with web manager, developer, and acquisition and retention teams
- Leverage Equelle’s owned D2C data to deeply understand the customer’s journey through the shopping experience; communicating and collaborating cross-functionally with other leaders to act on trends & insights
- Develop and manage against forecasts to hit goals in CAC, new customers acquired, LTV, conversion rate, subscriber rate, and more
Who you are:
Strategic; you’re a big-picture person, and naturally understand how to zoom in-and-out to understand how data & details fit into broader business goals. You’re an insights driven, forward thinking, customer-at-the-center, analytical minded marketing leader with deep expertise in D2C acquisition, retention, and CRO
Customer-centric: as the internal champion for the consumer, you believe that good business is human-centric—you welcome the opportunity to connect directly with customers, pull out key insights, and build marketing campaigns to allow our customers to be seen, heard, supported and take action.
Collaborative and communicative; you find it easy to work with many types of people and communicate with ease. You’re comfortable leading and following, and believe collaboration is key to success.
A life-long learner; you keep up-to-date on marketplace dynamics, evolving advertising methodologies, and evolving technologies. You continuously look to sharpen your craft. You are a connector of people, concepts, ideas.
Analytical; you’re comfortable in an excel spreadsheet. You enjoy diving deep to uncover a new insight - you’re skilled at translating analytics into actionable & approachable insights.
- Minimum 7-12+ years of experience in performance marketing and customer lifecycle marketing strategy for direct to consumer and omnichannel businesses
- Minimum 5+ years leading teams and developing talent in performance marketing, retention, and customer success
- Strong understanding of website analytics, google analytics, subscription and conversion rate optimization
- Deep understanding of attribution and performance marketing analytics. Experience in TV and offline media in addition to digital marketing.
- Deep understanding of customer lifecycle marketing analytics. Experience in email, SMS, customer portal, and building experiences that delight consumers “beyond the shelf.”
- Strong leadership, organization, written and verbal skills
- Experience working on disruptive consumer brands in CPG, health, and wellness
- Experience scaling brands across variety of stages, start-up to mid-stage and beyond
- Master’s degree desirable
- Based in San Diego, CA (we have a hybrid work environment, in which we work in-office two days a week. You must be fully vaccinated to work at Equelle.)
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000 per year
- Full-time, salaried
- Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
How to Apply:
We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. Please answer the following questions (briefly, 3-5 sentences) through the form on the website, and include your resume, attached as a PDF:
- Where did you hear about this opportunity? (I.e. LinkedIn, Indeed, etc)
- Name a brand that you think is “winning” telling their brand story. What are they doing that you think differentiates them from others in the marketplace?
- What’s a tactic you would implement at Equelle to aid in customer loyalty?
- Describe an acquisition plan that you have executed. What was the goal and how did you measure success?
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.
Inclusivity at Equelle:
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Equelle, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.