Sr Manager, Brand and Lifecycle Marketing - Equelle APPLY NOW
As Equelle’s Sr. Manager, Brand & Customer Lifecycle Marketing, you will lead marketing strategy across brand and retention. You will translate business goals into effective customer and brand strategies that create more “sticky” moments with consumers, up-level the brand expression to create deeper brand affinity, and generate continued improvement to customer engagement, awareness, and LTV.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping the brand identity and driving customer engagement throughout their lifecycle as well as scale our retention efforts on our high-growth DTC business. The ideal candidate is not just an expert in retention marketing programs, but is also passionate about crafting compelling brand messages that resonate with our audience.
If you are a strategic marketer with a passion for both brand development and customer lifecycle management, we invite you to apply and be a part of Equelle's journey to redefine menopause wellness.
Note for Applicants:
Please follow the application instructions in the “How to Apply” section below. Candidates local to San Diego preferred - Hybrid workplace required
Equelle is part of Uqora, Inc, and based in San Diego, CA. Our parent company is Pharmavite, LLC, headquartered in West Hills, CA.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Oversee brand and customer lifecycle marketing including brand strategy, consumer insights, customer communications (email/SMS), retention strategy, and positioning
- Be a brand champion. Analyze market trends, competitor landscape, and consumer needs, in partnership with a cross-functional team, to strategically position Equelle as a category leader that goes “beyond hot flashes” in a way that resonates with our customers.
- Drive LTV and AOV growth by leading innovation projects, including the introduction of new form factors, the execution of strategic initiatives like our 90-day program, or supporting health coaching initiatives. Ensuring these projects align with and enhance our brand's market position.
- Drive continuous brand and product marketing campaigns at Equelle by crafting impactful "big ideas" rooted in consumer insights, leveraging seasoned storytelling skills. Lead the creative brief process, collaborating across teams to amplify campaigns in an omnichannel environment. Translate brand expression and customer insights to support new product innovation and reinforce Equelle's commitment to enabling women to find support and relief throughout their menopause journey.
- Foster loyalty among Equelle subscribers by deeply understanding their preferences, extracting valuable insights, and introducing novel experiences or programs. Spearhead broader loyalty initiatives with retention manager. This proactive approach not only aims to reduce churn but also to enhance customer lifetime value (LTV) through personalized strategies that build lasting loyalty.
- Own and evolve our direct-to-consumer customer retention playbook. You’ll develop strategies to continually evolve and improve customer retention KPIs/reporting, first-party data, and martech strategy necessary for driving strong cLTV and profitable growth. You generate performance through data, consumer, and creative insights and monitor performance through key performance metrics such as LTV, churn, subscriber rate, CSAT, and more. You’ll act as a key thought partner for the Head of Commercial, Retention Manager and the Equelle team.
- Own and manage the retention program tech stack with a focus on the customer experience, including the implementation, management and troubleshooting of platforms such as Zapier, Churnbuster, ARPU, Recharge, etc.
- Confident in developing and managing against forecasts and analyzing and directing the team on customer, website, and channel data. Build and lead a more retention program dashboard to help with deeper brand insights that will reduce churn and drive LTV.
Who you are:
Strategic: you’re a big-picture person, and naturally understand how to zoom in-and-out to understand the big picture & how details fit into broader business goals. You’re an customer-at-the-center, insights driven, forward thinking, analytical minded marketing leader with deep expertise in customer lifecycle and brand marketing
Customer-centric: as the internal champion for the consumer, you believe that good business is human-centric—you welcome the opportunity to connect directly with customers, pull out key insights, and build marketing campaigns to allow our customers to be seen, heard, supported and take action.
Creative: you know the power of brand and know great brands are ownable, distinct, and distinguish you as a brand-of-choice. You enjoy being in the creative zone, pull out key consumer insights with ease, and build break-thru advertising campaigns that inspire consumer affinity and loyalty
Analytical: you’re very comfortable in an excel spreadsheet and has advanced understanding on how brand and lifecycle marketing drive DTC metrics (CAC, Conversion Rate, AOV, Churn, LTV). You enjoy diving deep to uncover a new insight - you’re skilled at translating analytics into actionable & approachable insights that are translated into projects, activities and results.
Goal-oriented: you are a resilient self-starter who views challenges as exciting puzzles to be solved. You set the bar high and coach alongside the team to win together
Collaborative and communicative: you find it easy to work with many types of people and communicate with ease. You’re comfortable leading and following, and believe collaboration is key to success.
A life-long learner: you keep up-to-date on market and consumer dynamics, evolving advertising, creative, and technologies as required. You continuously look to sharpen your craft.
A teacher and coach team builder: you have proven track record of developing and coaching team members to drive high performance, learning, and engagement. You get joy out of seeing the team shine.
- Minimum 6 years of brand building and retention marketing experience with track record of improving customer retention rates and customer LTV
- Minimum of 3 years leading teams and developing retention marketing and brand marketing talent
- Experience scaling brands with retention, subscription and customer loyalty strategies
- Experience with lifecycle marketing martech including Klaviyo and Postscript or other email/SMS marketing platforms.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience at a high-growth start-up ideally in CPG or Health / Wellness.
- Experience scaling brands across variety of stages, start-up to mid-stage and beyond
- Master’s degree desirable
We offer the best of both worlds. You will get to work on an entrepreneurial environment building a disruptive brand, Equelle, working alongside our sister brand in San Diego, Uqora, a disruptor in the Urinary Care space. You will also be part of Pharmavite, our parent company, the makers of the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- to bring the gift of health to life.
Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
This package includes:
-Annual Pay Range: $114,600 - $150,465 (This represents the minimum and maximum base salary range for this role, plus annual incentive. Various elements are used to determine a candidate’s starting salary such as job experience, specific skills, and comparison to internal incumbents currently in the role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with state and local laws.)
-Full-time, salaried role
-Generous annual performance bonus
-Flexible PTO policy
-11 paid holidays per year
-Medical, Dental, Vision benefits with generous employer contribution, Health and Dependent Care HSA/FSA
-401K with employer match
-Wellness discounts, programs, and free vitamins and supplements from Equelle, Uqora, and Nature Made
-Parental Leave Policy for employees with 1 year+ of service
-New Hire office stipend
-Training and Development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. In the webform on the website, answer the following questions:
1.How did you hear about this opportunity? (Referral, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc)
2. Describe a customer or brand campaign you’ve executed. What was the goal and how did you measure success?
3. Review the Equelle website and Facebook creatives. What is an area of opportunity you see for the brand? What’s a tactic you would implement at Equelle to aid in customer loyalty?
4. Describe a time that you coached and developed a member of your team. What was the goal and how did you measure success?
Equelle is tackling menopause care in a new way, with a unique daily product that mimics estrogen in the body by leveraging a plant-based active ingredient.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.
Inclusivity at Equelle and Uqora:
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us. At Equelle, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.